Wednesday, December 28, 2011

MARIA


A friend, Diena, gave me a box of coloured pencils just after Hysteria #1 was released. I wore them down to stumps in a fortnight. After that I never really had much to do with colour. The Cintiq is changing that ... slowly.

Maria was a composite of a few exes and the eternal pair bond of Drada, a composite of me and a few friends. They had a rotten relationship that could never quite end. I put a little of this into the two editions of Hysteria that I published. They'd come from a novella I gave up on when I was particularly good at giving up on things. It was called Spring and was about the pair's mutually idiotic relationship. It was meant as a kind of nostalgic dig at the auld Fitzroy scene but just seemed too auld when I started describing it. Anyway, Maria....

No comments:

Post a Comment